Office Development at //Build/ 2016 – 1 – The numbers
April 2, 2016 Leave a comment
As you may know I have been visiting Build 2016 the last couple of days, and I plan to get into some more detail of the announcements made at Build this year. A lot of the ‘smaller’ announcements did not make it into the keynotes so hopefully I can share some information with you that you didn’t already hear before. Even if you did it is nice to have a little recap of what goes on right now.
- 1.2B Office Users
- 85% of Fortune 500 have at least one Microsoft Cloud Offering
- 4T+ emails sent with O365 to-date
- 50K+ new O365 small businesses per month
- 340M downloads of Office mobile
- 3B minutes of Skype calls daily
- 1B+ meetings created per month
- Microsoft Graph API calls 420% monthly growth
The numbers are impressive, but what is it to you? You are probably only one of these users and who cares? Well, the point is, as an Office Developer there is just a huge big open market to target. Build your tools properly and you have 1.2B potential customers of your tooling. The other thing is that more or less Office is the -standard- for most people or at least provides you with the output that everyone is able to read/use, even the ones using tools from competitors.